Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: start a production company

  1. #1
    Inactive Member bod's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2001
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    why not get a group of people together and
    make a small company. i think it would be mint to allow every one experience. i am preparing to buy full real time non linear editing package. anyone else feel the same

  2. #2
    Inactive Member sicFreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2001
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I feel the same way. Me and my friends just recently started our own team. After making a short movie or two we wanted to do something bigger. So we are. I am also saving up for a video capture card so I can edit vid's. Before, if we @*&$ed up, we had to reshoot the scene. Life is getting better.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    My friends and I did exactly that when we set up Spare Time Films, for the purposes of shooting short films locally. After a bumpy start, we've now got our act together and have several projects in the pipeline.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SouthWalesFilmClub's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 8th, 2000
    Posts
    56
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    what if you've got no mates with a serious enthusiasm for filmmaking? where does one find the people when stuck in Wales?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member no_one119's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5th, 1999
    Posts
    121
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I too was faced with the same problem. I couldn't find anyone interested in the local area. I advertised on this very board and found someone not too far away. I then spotted someone else recently (ilpostino) and we're making progress already.

    The other alternative is to try forming an internet-based group. This appears to be a trend at the moment (see robot wars and scrapheap challenge). Get a group together, go through pre-production via email and then get together to shoot.

    Worth a thought.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Matt J Heaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2000
    Posts
    430
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ditto, apart from the Wales part.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Mods's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2001
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    And me. Okay, so the mates are willing to jump about in front of camera, but thats all. No work, just play.

    So, I guess step 1 is to find people you can really work WORK with. As well as play. And, for some reason, this always seems to happen at film school or university... biggrin

    I want Anarchy Pictures to grow up and be a company smile

    smile
    Mods

  8. #8
    Inactive Member pe11_2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2001
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Yeah I have started a production company, i mean its very tiny at the minute, i have done one film, which is a couple of festivals but apart from that I am hoping to get bigger.

    I am actually looking for anyone enthusiatic, not complete professionals, but fellow students, 16-18yrs that want to make 8mm films and possibly get noticed any takers mail me on [email protected]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member mbankhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 25th, 2001
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    whereabouts in wales, im from swansea myself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •